WOODLAWN BIBLE HOUR
This is the time when the whole family has the opportunity to gather around God’s Word and learn more about the wonderful things God does for us. Plan on joining us each Sunday during the School year!
- ADULT BIBLE CLASS – Wednesdays at 6:30 pm and Thursdays at 10:00 am – SEE: Upcoming Events page for current Bible Study topics
- SUNDAY SCHOOL – Sundays – 9:15 – 10:15 – Woodlawn’s Sunday School for age 3 through 5th. The purpose of Sunday School is to learn about people in the Bible and how God takes care of us just like he took care of them. If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Wessel.
- TEEN BIBLE CLASS – Sundays – 9:15 – 10:15 – Woodlawn’s Teen Bible Class for 7th grade through High school. If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Wessel.
- PUBLIC SCHOOL CATECHISM – Sundays – 9:15 – 10:15 – Catechism is for 6 – 8th grade students who are attending schools other than Lamb of God. Room 113.
- Contact one of the Pastors with any questions on the religious education or call (414) 321-2126, e-mail Pastor Wessel or Pastor Kneser.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! – Did you know that Woodlawn Lutheran Church has a Facebook page? You can find us at: Woodlawn Lutheran Church. Information is posted there regarding upcoming events and special services. You can also find videos of our weekly sermons. “Like” our page today and “Share” with your friends and family.
NEEDLES AND HOOKS CRAFTING GROUP – Divine Peace has invited Woodlawn members to join their newly formed group of crafters named “Needles and Hooks.” The group meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at Divine Peace Lutheran Church, 3203 S 76th St, Milwaukee, WI 53219. 10 am til 12 noon.
LUTHERAN RADIO – The Lutheran Radio Church Service, airs on Sunday mornings at 7:00am on JOY1340 – Today’s Christian Word/WJYI-AM. Check out their broadcasting schedule for more programs.
WELS SYNOD NEWS- WELS NEWS
WISCONSIN LUTHERAN INSTITUTIONAL MINISTRIES is in need of several men and women to serve as mentors to people who have been under their spiritual care in various institutions. WLIM will offer training and assistance. Please contact Pastor Kneser for more information.
WELS LUTHERANS FOR LIFE, Metro-Milwaukee, needs Mothers and Grandmothers (women of any age) for the Loving Moms program. We provide all training and materials necessary for you to work with the expecting and new moms 2 hours, or more, each month. For info call 414-727-8176 or email: WELS Lutherans for Life. Website: Volunteer Opportunities
Website: Associated Pregnancy Services
WELS BARGAIN CENTERS – THE Milwaukee Federation of WELS Churches – operates bargain centers at 5005 W. Howard Ave, (414) 327-2529 and 8401 W. Lisbon Ave (414) 463-2595, Milwaukee. All the proceeds from sales go to help fund ministries in the Milwaukee area. Call to contribute or volunteer.
CHURCH SERVICES ON TV – TIME OF GRACE services air on:
WDJT CBS Channel 58 at 7:30 a.m. on Sundays
WBME Channel 41.1 at 6:30 a.m. on Sundays
WTMJ NBC Channel 4 at 1:05 a.m. on Friday night
SINGLE PARENTS – “Single & Parenting” is a support group for men and women who are parenting alone. The video sessions offer effective parenting strategies, encouragement and insights on how to find rest and hope as you are faced with the struggles of raising a child alone.
For more information or to register, contact Wally Parker or Lois Radke or speak to one of the pastors.
THE MILWAUKEE FEDERATOIN OF WELS CHURCHES is making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at Jordan Lutheran Church every Monday at 3:00 p.m. Any questions, call Jill at (414) 218-3201.
ADDICTIONS SUPPORT GROUP AT MT. LEBANON CHURCH – Every Monday night at 7:00 pm there is an addictions support group meeting at Mt. Lebanon Lutheran Church, 60th and Hampton in Milwaukee. The purpose of the group is to gain intentional, goal-directed Christian growth using God’s word as the basis for the 12-Step program of recovery.
Meetings are open to anyone seeking support in their recovery from addictions, to anyone needing support to deal with a loved one’s addiction, and to everyone who would like to share their experience, strength, and hope with others.
For more information, contact Staff Minister Michael Schuessler at 414-510-1143 or Michael Schuessler